The weather is always an unpredictable factor that can have a major impact on surface and air visibility. Caution needs to be exercised when visibility is affected, so Scandlearn has designed an animated Low Visibility Operations course to optimize learning about this aspect.
Low visibility conditions, such as fog, have a serious impact on air traffic, and may even lead to aviation accidents. The objective of this course is to teach pilots what they need to know to perform CAT II/III operations and meet CAT II/III training requirements.
- All-Weather Operations (AWOPS)
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Significant weather chart
- Navigation errors engine-out scenario
- Requirements for landing
- The holding point
- The Slant Visual Range (SVR)
- Operations manual
- Required equipment list
- Takeoff/taxi, verifications and briefings
- Determining fuel
- Lights and signs explained
- Sensitive areas
Our course closely follows the EASA regulations but is also suitable for operators complying with other standards globally.