Survive to stay alive
Safety is everything in aviation, but if an accident does happen and there are survivors, then what…? Scandlearn created an in-depth Survival course on how to survive a crash (landing) in an unknown environment until rescue comes.
In rare cases a crash (landing) can unfortunately occur, so it is vital to do everything to:
1) crash land the plane as safe as possible; and
2) have adequate knowledge on how to survive after a crash, including first aid, finding food and clean water and building shelter.
Scandlearn’s course discusses survival scenarios of extreme and secluded environments to instill endurance and the ability to help others when only the bare basics are available.
- Survival and emergency equipment on board
- Full ditching procedures and touchdown on water
- Survival in: polar, jungle, desert and aquatic environments
- Hunt, gather, build and help
- Dealing with infections, food rations and wild animals
- Extreme temperatures
- Case study: Louis Zamperini