Our latest course Thunderstorm Avoidance is a three section course. The course advises pilots to verify with each controller and they are handed off on what services are actually received.
This can minimize the chances of a misunderstanding. You will also learn about ATC services, the enhancements in controller’s weather radar displays, and the importance of giving pilot reports. This course in Thunderstorm Avoidance complies with EASA and ICAO Syllabus is available upon request.
- How to detect and avoid CB
- The weather radar panel
- A closer look at the Cumulonimbus (CB) cloud.
- Upwards/downwards winds and Hail.
- Three ways to avoid CBs.
- Airport weather radar
- The weather radar antenna.
- The weather radar panel in the cockpit and its controls.
- The gain control.
- Look at a typical ﬂight.
- List of recommendations.